Friday, July 14, 2006

JYG's


I've just come in from an awesome night with the Junior Youth Group. One of the families has a pine plantation on their property and I was left to design a wide game that would fill up an hour and a half. Easy enough, right, and it was. The only problem was that I thought the lower branches would have been trimmed off and at least piled up in rows or something. I was wrong and it was chaos out there. The kids turned out to be champions about it though and they went charging out into the darkness in search of clues and other leaders.. while avoiding me - the boogey man - at all costs. Twice I came out of hiding at full speed only to be blinded by a torch and total myself on a branch or three.




After we had our fun we found a clearing and chilled out for a while. It was awesome just to lie there, look up through the trees to a moonless night and pray. The verse I plucked out and cut into three for all the clues was Isaiah 55:12 " You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands." So we talked about that for a bit too.

Scratches all round but well worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home